Tips & Tricks
Please record a couple of test recordings to make sure you are familiar with the operation of the app before recording your first story.
- 1. The personal greeting and the story are recorded and played back separately. When playing them back the story does not automatically start after the greeting is finished. You have to press the “skip” button at the bottom to continue to the recorded story.
- 2. When recording the story you do not need to press the record button after the 3 second countdown is finished. The App does it automatically. If you are actively recording the red button at the bottom of the screen should say” End Recording”. Only press it when you are done with the story.
- 3. Do not pause and try to start over during the recording session.
- 4. If recording multiple stories or recoding the same story again make sure to close the app and then reopen it between each session.
- 5. Turn off notifications and alerts before you start recording.
My Audio Stories FAQs:
Are the stories already available for playback on the app or do I have to record them myself?
All the stories are already available for playback as an audio book. If you want to personally read a story you have the option to record your own version.
Do I have to have the hardcopy book to be able to record a story:
No. The app has all the stories already stored in the system. You can read them on your screen karaoke style when recording a story to share.
Is the story recorded onto or by using the book or speaker?
No, all the recording, playback and sharing of the stories are done using the online app.
Is the app available for both Apple and Android phones?
Yes, the app can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store and from Google Play
How do I share a recorded story with someone?
You can send it to them by using either their cell phone number or email address.
Can I share my recorded stories with someone even if they haven’t downloaded the app yet?
Yes, you can share a saved story by using the recipients phone number or email. They will then have the opportunity to download the app when the receive your story.
Is there a recording time limit?
No, you can record the story and have some fun without worry of being cut off. One best practice is to close out and reopen the app after you are done saving a story and before recording another one.
Can I embellish or add my own comments, etc. while recording the story?
Absolutely! Have fun!